A week’s worth of loveable links.
1 // This Strawberry Meringue from Call Me Cupcake
2 // These Baked Chocolate Donuts from SpoonForkBacon
3 // These Blackberry Thyme Sparkler cocktails from The Effortless Chic
4 // This Argyle White Druzy Ring from Leah Alexandra’s druzy collection.
5 // This Branding Kit by Sarah Duncan.
6 // These Gold Speckled Easter Egg Macarons from My Sweet & Saucy.
7 // This DIY Tangerine Brown Sugar Lip Scrub from A Cozy Kitchen.
Handcrafted. Homemade. DIY. There’s something to be said for homemade and these days with just about everything at our fingertips we seem to love to do it ourselves. Make it from scratch. So if we love handmade, what about hand squeezed?
I’ve foolishly kept this handy little hand juicer tucked away, using it solely for salad dressings and citrusy sauces. Turns out, this hand juicer paired with pamplemousse, orange, lemon or lime, makes some pretty juicy juice.
A heck of a lot of citrus fruit
A whole lot of time
- Halve or quarter your citrus.
- Place citrus segments into your juicer and squeeze one by one until you have enough juice to fill a glass or pitcher.
If you're planning to fill a pitcher maybe start the night before, provided you juice through the night you may have enough juice to serve your brunch guests by the time they arrive the next morning.
If you don't have a pitcher try a mason jar. Anything homemade in a mason jar is cool, and bound to be a hit with your friends. Right?!
Top off your weekend with this boozy Sunday splurge! Sparkling strawberries soaked in Sparkling Chardonnay with a dollop of fresh cream whipped with lemon curd.
This sweet treat pairs perfectly with waffles, pancakes, or french toast. So treat yourself, you know you deserve it. It’s the weekend after all.
Sparkling Strawberries & Lemon Cream
2 Cup Strawberries
1/4 Cup Sparkling Chardonnay
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Cream
1/4 Cup Lemon Curd
- Remove the stems and halve the strawberries lengthwise.
- Combine the strawberries, Sparkling Chardonnay, and sugar and let stand for 15 minutes until the flavours have melded.
- Whisk together cream and lemon curd until soft peaks form.
- Top off your waffles, pancakes, or french toast with a spoonful of sparkling strawberries and a dollop of lemon cream.
Nothing like a big pile o’ bones to keep your pup in line. Our last batch of Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits went over so well we thought we’d keep it up with the homemade treats. This time we’re trying something a bit different, apples and sweet potatoes.
Think homemade apple sauce and mashed sweet potato. With a few extra apples on hand I stewed them with a touch of cinnamon until tender and mashable to make a homemade apple sauce. Mix that with some mashed sweet potato and you’ve got a pretty sweet combination. Literally. And most importantly Jetson approves, so we’re all happy here.
Apple Sweet Potato Dog Biscuits
1 Cup Sweet Potato, cooked and mashed
2 Cup Homemade Apple Sauce (3 apples, 1 tsp cinnamon)
2 Tbsp. All Natural Peanut Butter
1 tsp. Salt
3 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup Quinoa Flour
- In a stand mixer, blend together apple sauce, sweet potato, peanut butter, salt, and egg until smooth.
- Add flour to mixing bowl one cup at a time until the dough comes together forming a ball. The dough should be combined enough that it doesn't stick to your fingers.
- Roll out the dough ball to 1/4" thick and use a cookie cutter to make biscuit cut outs.
- Place biscuit cut outs on a cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown.